“Learning outside of a book, learning from someone who has been in the field, who knows what it’s like to be out there, and having my own first-hand experiences will definitely help me in my life.”
Jordan Rogers '15
Major: Criminal Justice
- Curry Duo Recognized as Massachusetts Nurse of the Year Finalists
- Student’s Advocacy Earns Her a Trip to the White House
- Psychology Faculty, Alumni, Student Present Research at NEPA Conference
- More News >
- Alumni Art and Design Exhibit: Here & Back
October 22 - December 9
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'Stormy Weather: Music and Politics in the 20s, 30s and WWII'
- Curry Theatre Presents: Green Day's 'American Idiot'
December 7 - December 10
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- First-Year Experience
Transform Your Life
Making the transition to college can be a little confusing and lot of fun. Your First-Year Experience at Curry College helps smooth out the bumps and puts you on the path to success. Our people, programs and activities are specially selected to absorb your attention, challenge your perspectives and support your efforts in and out of class.
Call On Your Academic Advisor
Consider yourself an active participant in your own education, immersed in shaping your college experiences and creating the future of your dreams. But you don't have to go it alone.
Throughout your first year, you'll collaborate with your individual academic advisor, a caring and committed Curry faculty member focused on knowing you as the amazing person you are. During one-on-one meetings, you'll plan your academic program, reflect on your goals and how to reach them, and engage in thoughtful conversations about your learning and growth.
As a mentor, your advisor can offer guidance on finding tools and resources to support your academic achievement and provide valuable insights about your career goals.
- First-Year Inquiry
- First-Year Seminar
- Honors Program
- Living Learning Communities
- Summer Orientation
- Summer Reading Program
- Welcome Weeks
- Career Discovery Week