“When I first got to Curry I met the psychology professors and right away they were super friendly and welcomed me in; that's a huge reason why I came. I was nervous at first but they made me feel really comfortable.”
Jessica Lorento '16
- Kelly Nichols '12 Receives Everett Schools Golden Apple Award for Teaching
- Rookie Police Officer Jordan Rogers '15 Rescues Man from Deadly Apartment Fire
- Ryan Hathaway '17 Earns One of Three National Co-ops in Boston Globe Sports Department
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2016: Transfer Students
- Orientation 2016: First-Year Students (Newly Added One Day Session)
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: "Text. Image. Image. Text."
August 26 - October 14
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- First-Year Experience
Transform Your Life
Making the transition to college can be a little confusing and lot of fun. Your First-Year Experience at Curry College helps smooth out the bumps and puts you on the path to success. Our people, programs and activities are specially selected to absorb your attention, challenge your perspectives and support your efforts in and out of class.
Call On Your Academic Advisor
Consider yourself an active participant in your own education, immersed in shaping your college experiences and creating the future of your dreams. But you don't have to go it alone.
Throughout your first year, you'll collaborate with your individual academic advisor, a caring and committed Curry faculty member focused on knowing you as the amazing person you are. During one-on-one meetings, you'll plan your academic program, reflect on your goals and how to reach them, and engage in thoughtful conversations about your learning and growth.
As a mentor, your advisor can offer guidance on finding tools and resources to support your academic achievement and provide valuable insights about your career goals.
- First-Year Inquiry
- First-Year Seminar
- Honors Program
- Living Learning Communities
- Summer Orientation
- Summer Reading Program
- Welcome Weeks
- Career Discovery Week