“When I first got to Curry I met the psychology professors and right away they were super friendly and welcomed me in; that's a huge reason why I came. I was nervous at first but they made me feel really comfortable.”
Jessica Lorento '16
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Art Gallery Exhibit: Full Tilt Print Studio Presents 'Sub Rosa'
January 23 - March 6
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Communication /
- Semester in Los Angeles Internship Program
Semester in Los Angeles Internship Program
Have you ever dreamed of working at a major movie studio? Promoting the latest film? Booking guests for a nationally televised broadcast? Editing video for a TV Network? Or even acting in movies or television?
Well, those are just some of the careers in which our Curry College alums are currently employed in Los Angeles, and now you can have a leg up on the competition by interning in Los Angeles through the Curry College: Semester in L.A. internship program!
Our interns have worked at such places as:
- Universal Pictures
- "Access Hollywood"
- "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Snowfall Films
- 21st Century 3D
- "The Doctors"
- Mark Gordon Productions
and so many more....
Students interested in the Curry College: Semester in L.A. program should have the following:
- Completed "Introduction to Experiential Learning" with a minimum grade of 'C'
- Completed one other internship
- Have Junior or Senior standing
- An overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
*Financial and other restrictions apply
You can earn from one to 12 credits while participating in our Los Angeles internship program. And for those who need housing, Curry provides secure, gated housing in nearby Burbank.
Curry also has an L.A.-based internship coordinator who will welcome you to Hollywood, and provide special seminars and other "meet and greets" during the course of the semester.
Internships are available for fall, spring and summer. Please review the deadlines for applying below. A $500 non-refundable deposit is due by the deadline to begin the internship process.
|February 3, 2017:
September 16, 2017:
December 2, 2017:
|For Fall, 2017
For Spring, 2018
For Summer, 2018
If you'd like more information and an application, please contact Professor Jerry Gibbs of the Communication Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-333-2972.
Experience Hollywood first-hand! Consider the Curry College: Semester in L.A. internship program!
In 2007, Andrew Graziano attended the Curry "Hollywood Productions: Up Close" class trip to Los Angeles. One of the stops during this week-long tour was to visit "The Price is Right" set at CBS in Studio City. Ironic, since Graziano now works on that very same studio lot as the Director of Video Operations and Video Products for CBS Interactive.
Curry students can be right in the center of the action with the Semester in Washington, D.C. internship program. Students can immerse themselves in various political and media related internships while exploring one of America's most spectacular and vibrant metropolitan areas, our nation's capital.
New York City is the media and business capital of the world and Curry students can be right in the center of the action with the Communication department's Semester in New York City internship program.