“You can imagine I spent a lot of time in the Levin Library – the librarians were a huge help in terms of my thesis work, specifically Kathy Russell – she was fantastic.”
John Fratolillo '09
Major: M.A. in Criminal Justice Program
- School of Nursing Hosts First Annual Nightingale Ceremony
- VIDEO: WCVB's 'Chronicle' Features Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative
- Class of 2020 Welcomed at New Student Convocation
- More News >
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: 'Text. Image. Image. Text.'
September 8 - October 14
- Career Conference 2016
- Open House, Session 1 - Fall 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Levin Library /
- About the Levin Library
About the Levin Library
Welcome to the Levin Library! At the Library you will:
- Find the resources and instruction you need for your courses. Discover electronic and traditional research resources through Primo. Check out what you need, or use materials placed on reserve. And with Interlibrary Loan you can obtain materials for your assignments nationwide and even internationally.
- Meet with fellow students to work in an environment that supports learning. Group study areas are on the Library main floor, with individual silent study on the lower floor. Computers for student use are on both floors.
- Connect with us in ways that work for you: online, by phone at (617) 333-2177, or in person, by appointment or drop-in. (Do you need an appointment?)
- Develop research and problem-solving skills for academic and career success.
The Louis R. Levin Memorial Library provides students with outstanding opportunities to develop research skills and achieve academic success. Helping students become comfortable and familiar with the library is a high priority, with an emphasis on individual attention. Librarians also collaborate with faculty to weave research instruction directly into the curriculum. The Library supports Curry's undergraduate and graduate programs, with materials ranging from a strong collection of traditional books and videos to thousands of e-books and electronic journals.
Electronic resources and databases are available at levels that range from general to subject-specific, the majority of which provide full-text articles. E-books, art images, and streaming media are also available via our databases. Interlibrary Loan makes it possible to borrow materials from other libraries around the country.
The Education Resource Center (ERC) is designed to provide instructional materials for courses in teaching methods. The ERC collection includes print, multimedia and manipulative materials that support Curry's programs in Community Education, Early Childhood Education, Early Education and Care, Elementary Education, Out of School Time Education, and Special Education.
Levin Library is an active and busy center for research and reading, which benefits from sharing space with the Academic Enrichment Center. Group study areas, for students working on cooperative assignments, and quiet study areas are both available. Library hours are extended near the end of the fall and spring semesters, before and during final examinations.
Have a look at the Levin Library Reference and Research Help page. All the information you need, in one place.
- Use chat, phone, text, or email;
- Schedule an appointment or just drop in;
- Check FAQs;
- Contact subject specialist librarians.
And we'll see you soon!
How's our driving? Do you have comments, questions or suggestions regarding the Levin Library's resources and services? Please share your thoughts with us.