- Nursing Students Highlighted in Brockton Enterprise Story on Homeward Bound Program
- Recent Communication Alumni Interview the Stars
- Alumni Educate Children with Autism in Abu Dhabi
- More News >
- Homecoming and Family Weekend 2016
October 21 - October 23
- Alumni Art and Design Exhibit: Here & Back
- Open House, Session 2 - Fall 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- Registrar's Office /
- Academic Credit Hour Policy
Academic Credit Hour Policy
The institutional process for assigning credit hours to courses, in accordance with federal regulations, is based on minimum academic activity for students to achieve intended learning outcomes as verified by evidence of student achievement.
Each credit hour of instruction consists of approximately one hour of classroom or directed faculty instruction. In addition, students are expected to complete a minimum of two hours of "out of class" academic activity each week for each credit hour of instruction, for approximately fifteen weeks for one semester or the equivalent amount of academic activity over a different amount of time for semesters of other durations.
For classes offered in other formats leading to the award of academic credit, an equivalent amount of academic activity is required.