- School of Nursing Hosts First Annual Nightingale Ceremony
- VIDEO: WCVB's 'Chronicle' Features Dr. Karen Lischinsky's Work with MA Restorative Justice Collaborative
- Class of 2020 Welcomed at New Student Convocation
- More News >
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: 'Text. Image. Image. Text.'
September 8 - October 14
- Career Conference 2016
- Open House, Session 1 - Fall 2016
- More Events >
The Curry Theatre Advantage
Stages of Possibility
- Prepare for a career in the theatre or in television, radio, public relations, journalism, or many other exciting fields.
- Gain hands-on experience in our productions and at internship sites.
- Enjoy life transforming opportunities both on stage and off.
- Prepare yourself to train at prestigious acting programs including:
- New York: the Actor's Studio and the Neighborhood Playhouse
- Chicago: Roosevelt College and Chicago's Second City
- Acquire practical skills within a creative program:
- Create publicity campaigns, poster designs, press releases, glossy playbills
- Light and Audio design and operation, Props and Costume Management
- Team collaboration through House and Box Office Management
- Perfect your craft through observation. Our location gives you access to professional theatres and playhouses in and around the Greater Boston area.
- Participation in shows and classes is open to all, regardless of major.
- Our performance season includes professionally directed Main Stage productions and IMPROV shows, as well as Black Box productions, showcasing student playwrights and directors.
- Curry Theatre is proudly 80% student-run!
Choose from positions on our Student Supervisory Board:
- General Manager / Assistant General Manager
- Production Manager / Assistant Production Manager
- Black Box Manager
- Stage Managers
- Publicity Director/ Assistant Publicity Director
- Public Relations Liaison
- Lighting Specialist
- Sound Specialist
- Costume Manager
- Props Manager
- House/ Box Office Manager
- Playbill Editor
In addition, enjoy unique classes not offered at other schools like Stage Combat and Acting Behind the Mask. Curry Theatre offers two specialty courses each year, in response to student demand! Find your voice at Curry Theatre!
- Acting One
- Dramatic Literature
- Acting Two
- Stage Craft Concepts
- Main Stage Show
- Black Box Show
- Stage Crew
- Scriptwriting I
- Readers' Theatre
- Acting for the Camera
- Acting Behind the Mask
- Children's Theatre
- Musical Theatre
- Stage Combat
- Scriptwriting II
- Directing Seminar
- Modern Drama
Check out this list of internships Curry theatre students have completed, which have caught the eyes of employers:
- Disney World
- Boston Celtics
- Boston Casting
- G.P. Productions
- Interlakes Theatre
- The Lyric Stage
- New Repertory Theatre
- Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Sure Fire Music Group
- Ogunquit Playhouse
- Publick Theatre
- Cape Cod Baseball League
- The Company Theatre
- TriArts Sharon Playhouse
- American Repertory Theater
- Priscilla Beach Theatre
- Casting studios and production houses in Boston, New York City, and Hollywood
- Top advertising and public relations agencies
A wide variety of career choices
Prepare for an exciting career after Curry while gaining valuable skills and having fun! Careers include:
- Public Relations
- Corporate Communication
Or, you can apply the skills you acquire to a wide range of fields.
Real Resume Building
Build your resume and gain exciting and marketable skills while working with your peers:
- Directing and Design
- Stage Management
- Painting and Set Construction
- Acting and Improv
- Props and Costumes
- Lighting and Sound
- Publicity and Playbill
- Box Office Management
For more information on Curry Theatre, please contact D-L Garren, Director of Curry Theatre at 617-333-2259 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.