Skip Navigation Back to Top

The Education 2nd Teaching License Post Master's at Curry College is represented by an alumna teaching young students

Did you know that experienced teachers who hold an initial or professional license in elementary education or moderate disabilities can earn a second license in one of these areas by completing just two additional courses and a practicum? You can earn your second license by enrolling in either Curry's Milton or Plymouth campus to complete your coursework and fieldwork requirements.

What You Need to Know

  • Our advisors will help you select the required coursework needed to fulfill the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) second licensure requirements. 
  • If you are currently teaching, Curry College will work with your school to coordinate the completion of the 150 hour DESE required Practicum in your current school system in your new license area.

How to Apply for Admission

  • Provide evidence of your current teaching license
  • Provide evidence of passing scores on the relevant MTEL tests
  • Submit your master's degree transcript
  • Submit your completed application
  • Submit an updated resume
  • Schedule an advising session via phone or in person to review coursework requirements

Take the next step

We're excited you're considering one of Curry's high-quality post-graduate programs and we look forward to helping you reach your career goals.