“Curry College inspired me to want to go on to become successful.”
Gary Leopold '77
President/CEO, ISM Travel and Lifestyle Marketing
- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'WWI: The Music and Times 100 Years Later'
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
Americans generate and deposit approximately 220 million tons of waste each year. At Curry College we are committed to reducing the amount of waste generated on our campus. The Buildings & Grounds team is also committed in servicing your recycling needs. Listed below are the various ways students, faculty, staff, and visitors can recycle.
Each residence hall room is equipped with a 41 quart recycling tote as well as clear plastic bags to be used in the tote. When the tote is full the student should empty the clear plastic bag in the 96 gallon green recycling bin conveniently located outside of their building, adjacent to the buildings waste container station. Students are asked to help Buildings & Grounds by utilizing the totes and keep them clean and sanitized.
Classrooms, Labs, Student Center, Gym, and Library
Each campus large place of assembly contains at least one large green Wastewatcher dual recycling tote. The totes are identified by a single stream placard above the container. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to utilize the dual bins. The college's contract cleaning company has the responsibility of emptying and cleaning the containers each Tuesday and Thursday night.
Each office on campus is equipped with a small "desk side" recycling container. The cleaning contractor, McGarr Service Corp., has the responsibility of emptying and cleaning the containers each Tuesday and Thursday night.
Curry College Max-R-Dual Recycling Containers
Containers are located conveniently around campus. Buildings & Grounds has established outdoor recycling/trash stations so the college community can deposit recyclable and non-recyclable materials. The units are green with the Curry College logo printed on them.
All the recycled material from Curry College is picked up by our waste vendor, E.L. Harvey. Harvey will then sort the recyclable materials and send to a paper, plastics or metal distributer for use in future products.
Have more questions? Please feel free to call Wayne Lamoureux, Assistant Director, at 617-333-2931.