“The connections you can make in Boston, as well as the opportunities in the surrounding areas here, are second to none in the media industry. Being at Curry, there are so many different ways to get your foot in the door early, at places like NESN, The Boston Globe and Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots and Revolution.”
Nick Ironside '14
Reporter, Hickory Daily Record, NC
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
Americans generate and deposit approximately 220 million tons of waste each year. At Curry College we are committed to reducing the amount of waste generated on our campus. The Buildings & Grounds team is also committed in servicing your recycling needs. Listed below are the various ways students, faculty, staff, and visitors can recycle.
Each residence hall room is equipped with a 41 quart recycling tote as well as clear plastic bags to be used in the tote. When the tote is full the student should empty the clear plastic bag in the 96 gallon green recycling bin conveniently located outside of their building, adjacent to the buildings waste container station. Students are asked to help Buildings & Grounds by utilizing the totes and keep them clean and sanitized.
Classrooms, Labs, Student Center, Gym, and Library
Each campus large place of assembly contains at least one large green Wastewatcher dual recycling tote. The totes are identified by a single stream placard above the container. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to utilize the dual bins. The college's contract cleaning company has the responsibility of emptying and cleaning the containers each Tuesday and Thursday night.
Each office on campus is equipped with a small "desk side" recycling container. The cleaning contractor, McGarr Service Corp., has the responsibility of emptying and cleaning the containers each Tuesday and Thursday night.
Curry College Max-R-Dual Recycling Containers
Containers are located conveniently around campus. Buildings & Grounds has established outdoor recycling/trash stations so the college community can deposit recyclable and non-recyclable materials. The units are green with the Curry College logo printed on them.
All the recycled material from Curry College is picked up by our waste vendor, E.L. Harvey. Harvey will then sort the recyclable materials and send to a paper, plastics or metal distributer for use in future products.
Have more questions? Please feel free to call Wayne Lamoureux, Assistant Director, at 617-333-2931.