“The faculty at Curry take time to know you as an individual: your name, where you’re from, what you’re up to on campus, your career goals and your personal goals. They’ll offer references and help you make professional connections. And they can provide helpful advice about getting along with others.”
Elton Silva '14
Major: Communication, Management
- Kelly Nichols '12 Receives Everett Schools Golden Apple Award for Teaching
- Rookie Police Officer Jordan Rogers '15 Rescues Man from Deadly Apartment Fire
- Ryan Hathaway '17 Earns One of Three National Co-ops in Boston Globe Sports Department
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2016: Transfer Students
- Orientation 2016: First-Year Students (Newly Added One Day Session)
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: "Text. Image. Image. Text."
August 26 - October 14
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Communication /
- Semester in New York City Internship Program
Semester in New York City Internship Program
New York City is the media and business capital of the world and Curry students can be right in the center of the action with the Communication department's Semester in New York City internship program.
Our students have interned in production, marketing, public relations, music, news and sports at some of the top media companies and smaller boutique shops too.
Curry alums have exciting careers in NYC including news producing and anchoring, public relations management, documentary and film development, sports journalism/production and advertising/marketing.
Our interns have worked at such places as:
- CBS News
- "Access Hollywood"/NYC Bureau
- Sony Music Group
- NBC Sports and NBC Olympics Coverage
- Meredith Studios/"The Better Show"
- MTV Production Services
- FUSE Network
- "The Colbert Report"
- "Inside Edition"
and so many more....
Students interested in the Curry College: Semester in New York City program should have the following:
- Completed "Introduction to Experiential Learning" with a minimum grade of 'C'
- Completed one other internship
- Have Junior or Senior standing
- An overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
*Financial and other restrictions apply
You can earn from one to 12 credits while participating in our New York City internship program. And for those who need housing, Curry provides secure housing options in the heart of Manhattan.
Curry also has a NYC-based internship coordinator who will welcome you to New York City, and provide special seminars and other "meet and greets" during the course of the semester.
Internships are available for fall, spring and summer. Please review the deadlines for applying below. A $500 non-refundable deposit is due by the deadline to begin the internship process.
|September 16, 2016:
December 2, 2016:
February 3, 2016:
If you'd like more information and an application, please contact Professor Jerry Gibbs of the Communication Department at email@example.com or call 617-333-2972.
Experience New York City-the center of the media universe! Consider the Curry College: Semester in New York City internship program!
Do you dream about experiencing the glitz and glamour of Hollywood? Interested in working behind the scenes at a major TV/film studio? Want to assist producers, video editors, actors and more? Then the Curry College: Semester in L.A. program is for you.
Curry students can be right in the center of the action with the Semester in Washington, D.C. internship program. Students can immerse themselves in various political and media related internships while exploring one of America's most spectacular and vibrant metropolitan areas, our nation's capital.