Health Care is a growing industry and the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the largest growth in this industry by 2022 will be in health care support positions (U.S. News & World Report, January 2015).
The Exploratory Health Professions Program at Curry College is designed to help students interested in health services fields identify and pursue a major that will lead to internships and employment in the health care industry following graduation. Students selected for this program will take a common set of courses their first year which include:
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- Chemical Concepts
Additionally, students will have the opportunity to participate in workshops and events throughout the year that assist with identifying strengths and interests and expose them to options in health related professions. At the end of the first year, EHP students will have the opportunity to declare their major and plan their pathway to graduation. Some common pathways include:
- Biology (B.A. or B.S. programs)
- Psychology with concentrations in substance use counseling, gerontology, or health psychology
- Sociology with a concentration in social work
- Community Health and Wellness
- Nursing (dependent upon space available and successfully meeting the science pre-requisite requirements)
All students admitted to the EHP program are included in this program and will receive invitations to participate in the events throughout the year.