“The faculty at Curry take time to know you as an individual: your name, where you’re from, what you’re up to on campus, your career goals and your personal goals. They’ll offer references and help you make professional connections. And they can provide helpful advice about getting along with others.”
Elton Silva '14
Major: Communication, Management
- Kelly Nichols '12 Receives Everett Schools Golden Apple Award for Teaching
- Rookie Police Officer Jordan Rogers '15 Rescues Man from Deadly Apartment Fire
- Ryan Hathaway '17 Earns One of Three National Co-ops in Boston Globe Sports Department
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2016: Transfer Students
- Orientation 2016: First-Year Students (Newly Added One Day Session)
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: "Text. Image. Image. Text."
August 26 - October 14
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Information Technology /
- Tech Fest
Curry College's Technology Fest is an annual event which takes place during the fall semester. Hosted by the applied technology department, and the Tech Club, the festival is a great opportunity for the Curry community to see how technology affects all career paths. Involvement ranges from faculty who use technology in the classroom (i.e. nursing's Vita-Sim-Man), to outside vendors demonstrating how technology enhances their careers. Also, student members of the Tech Club welcome attendees and are available for questions.
Like many high school kids, Ivan Marchany '16 was very much into video games. But little did he realize that his boyhood hobby would turn into a career path in cyber-security. Because of a learning difference, Ivan's college search led him from his home in Puerto Rico to the Curry College PAL program, where he has thrived academically as an IT major, turning his once-perceived weaknesses into strengths.