“I chose Curry because I didn't just want to be a face in the crowd. I wanted to have those close-knit relationships with other students; I wanted to get to know my professors.”
Christine Nguyen '15
- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'WWI: The Music and Times 100 Years Later'
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Information Technology /
- Tech Fest
Curry College's Technology Fest is an annual event which takes place during the fall semester. Hosted by the applied technology department, and the Tech Club, the festival is a great opportunity for the Curry community to see how technology affects all career paths. Involvement ranges from faculty who use technology in the classroom (i.e. nursing's Vita-Sim-Man), to outside vendors demonstrating how technology enhances their careers. Also, student members of the Tech Club welcome attendees and are available for questions.
Like many high school kids, Ivan Marchany '16 was very much into video games. But little did he realize that his boyhood hobby would turn into a career path in cyber-security. Because of a learning difference, Ivan's college search led him from his home in Puerto Rico to the Curry College PAL program, where he has thrived academically as an IT major, turning his once-perceived weaknesses into strengths.