“When I first got to Curry I met the psychology professors and right away they were super friendly and welcomed me in; that's a huge reason why I came. I was nervous at first but they made me feel really comfortable.”
Jessica Lorento '16
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Tuition & Financial Aid /
- Work Study
Federal Work Study (FWS)
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally funded program that provides both on-campus and community service part-time employment opportunities to Curry students with financial need. Unlike other financial aid awards, work study earnings do not reduce tuition charges and therefore, this award is not deducted from the tuition bill. This program was developed by the federal government to provide eligible students with an opportunity to help themselves in meeting some of their out-of-pocket educational expenses.
The program is subsidized by the federal government and the College provides a matching allocation. Work Study students must work to earn the amount of their academic award. Students will receive a bi-weekly pay check for the number of hours that they work. As funds are limited, eligible students will receive notice of their eligibility to participate in federal Work Study on their Financial Aid Award letter. Students are required to complete a FAFSA annually for consideration. Curry College's Human Resources Office manages the hiring process for students with this award.
Questions about eligibility should be directed to Student Financial Services. If you have any questions about the student employment hiring process including available jobs please view the Student Work Study Employment section of the website or contact Human Resources on campus in the King Building or call 617-333-2263.