“I chose Curry because I really enjoyed the campus feel, I felt safe there. I also looked at the students and I saw me. I felt like I could relate to them. I felt comfortable and that was really important-just fitting in.”
Alicia (Viscomi) Williams '09
Owner/President, Aliste' Internet Marketing, Inc.
- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'WWI: The Music and Times 100 Years Later'
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Tuition & Financial Aid /
- Work Study
Federal Work Study (FWS)
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally funded program that provides both on-campus and community service part-time employment opportunities to Curry students with financial need. Unlike other financial aid awards, work study earnings do not reduce tuition charges and therefore, this award is not deducted from the tuition bill. This program was developed by the federal government to provide eligible students with an opportunity to help themselves in meeting some of their out-of-pocket educational expenses.
The program is subsidized by the federal government and the College provides a matching allocation. Work Study students must work to earn the amount of their academic award. Students will receive a bi-weekly pay check for the number of hours that they work. As funds are limited, eligible students will receive notice of their eligibility to participate in federal Work Study on their Financial Aid Award letter. Students are required to complete a FAFSA annually for consideration. Curry College's Human Resources Office manages the hiring process for students with this award.
Questions about eligibility should be directed to Student Financial Services. If you have any questions about the student employment hiring process including available jobs please view the Student Work Study Employment section of the website or contact Human Resources on campus in the King Building or call 617-333-2263.