“The professors really develop a genuine interest for their students. They care that you attend classes and that you do well in your classes. If you're struggling, they provide you with the assistance that you need.”
Kenley Preval '15
Minor: Chemistry, Biology, Physics
- "Curry Prime Time Report" Newscast and Student-Produced Film, "Reflexivity" Both Finalists in National Media Competition
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy recognized as one of Worcester Business Journal’s Outstanding Women in Business
- The Institute on Learning Differences Gives Special Education Majors Unique Opportunity
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: "Primary Sources" - Highlighting the works of self-taught African American artists from the South
January 25 - March 6
- The Curry College Young Alumni Council Presents: Networking Night
- Accepted Student Day 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Tuition & Financial Aid /
- Work Study
Federal Work Study (FWS)
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally funded program that provides both on-campus and community service part-time employment opportunities to Curry students with financial need. Unlike other financial aid awards, work study earnings do not reduce tuition charges and therefore, this award is not deducted from the tuition bill. This program was developed by the federal government to provide eligible students with an opportunity to help themselves in meeting some of their out-of-pocket educational expenses.
The program is subsidized by the federal government and the College provides a matching allocation. Work Study students must work to earn the amount of their academic award. Students will receive a bi-weekly pay check for the number of hours that they work. As funds are limited, eligible students will receive notice of their eligibility to participate in federal Work Study on their Financial Aid Award letter. Students are required to complete a FAFSA annually for consideration. Curry College's Human Resources Office manages the hiring process for students with this award.
Questions about eligibility should be directed to Student Financial Services. If you have any questions about the student employment hiring process including available jobs please view the Student Work Study Employment section of the website or contact Human Resources on campus in the King Building or call 617-333-2263.