Disability Services FAQ

Q. Who qualifies to receive accommodations, modifications, and services from Disability Services?

A. Disability Services provides academic accommodations and auxiliary aids for students with many types of disabilities including, but not limited to: learning disorders; attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder; psychiatric disorders; traumatic brain injury; deafness and hard-of-hearing; blindness and low vision; mobility impairments; medical conditions; autism spectrum disorders; and temporary disabilities.  Disability Services also coordinates accommodations due to food allergies (e.g., Celiac Disease), and other housing needs. To learn more about necessary documentation to qualify for academic accommodations and auxiliary aids, please visit Documentation Guidelines.

Q. What services are available for qualified students? 

A. Academic accommodations and auxiliary aids are provided on a case-by-case basis.  They may include, but are not limited to: additional time to complete quizzes and exams; distraction-reduced exam environment; use of computer for essay exams; use of hand-written responses rather than computerized answer sheet; note taker support; permission to tape record lectures; textbooks in alternative format; and assistive technologies.  Additional services may include housing or dining service accommodations.

Q. Does Curry College have a support program specifically for students with learning disabilities? 

A. Curry College has the Program for Advancement of Learning (PAL), a support program specifically for students with learning disabilities.  This program is designed for students who have a primary diagnosis of a language-based learning disability and/or attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and have at least average to superior intellectual ability.  Students must apply for this program separately from their application to Curry, and must submit diagnostic materials with their application.  To learn more about this program, please visit the PAL website.  If a student decides not to apply to PAL or is not accepted into the program, s/he is strongly encouraged to register with Disability Services to receive academic accommodations and auxiliary aids.

Q. Are there any additional fees for accommodations, modifications, and services? 

A. Academic accommodations and auxiliary aids are usually provided at no additional cost for qualified students.  However, please be aware that an accommodation that would create an undue hardship on Curry College may not be provided.

Q: How recent must documentation be to receive academic accommodations and auxiliary aids?

A. It depends on the type of disability or impairment.  Please visit Documentation Guidelines to learn more.  In addition, Curry College has an Educational Diagnostic Center which conducts psycho-educational assessments with adolescents and adults.  To receive information on being evaluated, please contact the Educational Diagnostic Center at 617-333-2250.

Q. Is tutoring available for students registered with Disability Services? 

A. At the Academic Enrichment Center (AEC) at Curry College, students can receive peer-to-peer and professional tutoring in some courses.  In addition, within AEC there is a Writing Center and a Math Lab.  To learn more, please visit the Academic Enrichment Center.

Q. How does someone set up an appointment with Disability Services? 

A. To set up an appointment with Disability Services, please call (617) 333-2385 or email disabilityservices@curry.edu and a meeting can be arranged.


Campus Calendar

Campus events, game days, important dates, deadlines and more.

Directions & Maps

Find directions to Curry College, along with helpful campus maps.

Meet Our People

Meet the outstanding students, faculty and alumni of Curry College.

Follow Us

Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Watch us on YouTube...and more!


© Curry College 1071 Blue Hill Ave, Milton, Massachusetts 02186 | 617-333-0500