- Jeannette DeJong Featured in Reader's Digest Article about Popular French Phrases
- Curry College Alumna Karen Daley to Deliver Commencement Address
- COM major Courtney Lee Scores Production Job on Beats Commercial Featuring Tom Brady
- More News >
- Art Gallery Exhibit: Full Tilt Print Studio Presents 'Sub Rosa'
January 23 - March 6
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Student Services /
- Health Services /
- Student Health Insurance
Student Health Insurance
Since September 1, 1989, the Massachusetts Law C.15A, s. 18 requires that every full-time and part-time student enrolled in an institution of higher learning in Massachusetts participate in a Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP) or in a health benefit plan with comparable coverage. A part-time student is defined as a student participating in at least 75% of the full-time curriculum.
According to the state regulation comparable coverage is considered a health plan that provides comprehensive coverage, including preventive care, emergency services, surgical services, hospitalization benefits, ambulatory patient services, and mental health services. In addition, the services covered need to be reasonably accessible to the student in the area where the student attends school. Students are not allowed to waive coverage if their insurance carrier is from outside the U.S. or if they have a Commonwealth Care or Health Safety Net Plan.
If a student is covered by a qualified health insurance program, the student MUST waive the coverage offered by Curry College. You may complete the form online at www.universityhealthplans.com. To waive the insurance, proof of alternate health coverage is required.
If a waiver form is not submitted by the deadline the student will automatically be enrolled in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts Student Health Insurance Plan. NO WAIVERS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE.
For questions regarding the health insurance premium, contact the Curry College Office of Student Accounts at (617)333-2354.