- "Curry Prime Time Report" Newscast and Student-Produced Film, "Reflexivity" Both Finalists in National Media Competition
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy recognized as one of Worcester Business Journal’s Outstanding Women in Business
- The Institute on Learning Differences Gives Special Education Majors Unique Opportunity
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: "Primary Sources" - Highlighting the works of self-taught African American artists from the South
January 25 - March 6
- The Curry College Young Alumni Council Presents: Networking Night
- Accepted Student Day 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Student Services /
- Health Services /
- Student Health Insurance
Student Health Insurance
Since September 1, 1989, the Massachusetts Law C.15A, s. 18 requires that every full-time and part-time student enrolled in an institution of higher learning in Massachusetts participate in a Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP) or in a health benefit plan with comparable coverage. A part-time student is defined as a student participating in at least 75% of the full-time curriculum.
According to the state regulation comparable coverage is considered a health plan that provides comprehensive coverage, including preventive care, emergency services, surgical services, hospitalization benefits, ambulatory patient services, and mental health services. In addition, the services covered need to be reasonably accessible to the student in the area where the student attends school. Students are not allowed to waive coverage if their insurance carrier is from outside the U.S. or if they have a Commonwealth Care or Health Safety Net Plan.
If a student is covered by a qualified health insurance program, the student MUST waive the coverage offered by Curry College. You may complete the form online at www.universityhealthplans.com. To waive the insurance, proof of alternate health coverage is required.
If a waiver form is not submitted by the deadline the student will automatically be enrolled in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts Student Health Insurance Plan. NO WAIVERS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE.
For questions regarding the health insurance premium, contact the Curry College Office of Student Accounts at (617)333-2354.