- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'WWI: The Music and Times 100 Years Later'
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Student Services /
- Health Services /
- Student Health Insurance
Student Health Insurance
Since September 1, 1989, the Massachusetts Law C.15A, s. 18 requires that every full-time and part-time student enrolled in an institution of higher learning in Massachusetts participate in a Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP) or in a health benefit plan with comparable coverage. A part-time student is defined as a student participating in at least 75% of the full-time curriculum.
According to the state regulation comparable coverage is considered a health plan that provides comprehensive coverage, including preventive care, emergency services, surgical services, hospitalization benefits, ambulatory patient services, and mental health services. In addition, the services covered need to be reasonably accessible to the student in the area where the student attends school. Students are not allowed to waive coverage if their insurance carrier is from outside the U.S. or if they have a Commonwealth Care or Health Safety Net Plan.
If a student is covered by a qualified health insurance program, the student MUST waive the coverage offered by Curry College. You may complete the form online at www.universityhealthplans.com. To waive the insurance, proof of alternate health coverage is required.
If a waiver form is not submitted by the deadline the student will automatically be enrolled in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts Student Health Insurance Plan. NO WAIVERS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE.
For questions regarding the health insurance premium, contact the Curry College Office of Student Accounts at (617)333-2354.