Skip Navigation Back to Top

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Higher Education Emergency Relief fund and how does it apply to students?

The CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund-IHE/Student Aid provides funding to institutions to provide emergency financial aid grants to students whose lives have been disrupted, many of whom are facing financial challenges and struggling to make ends meet due to a disruption in campus-based services and learning.

Can a parent apply for an emergency grant on the student’s behalf?

Only the student can submit a Funding Request Form.

If a student receives funding, does the funding need to be repaid?

No, funds awarded under this emergency program do not require repayment.

What expenses are eligible for emergency assistance?

The funds are to be used to cover expenses related to the disruption of campus operations and learning due to coronavirus and eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, healthcare, and childcare.

What expenses are ineligible for emergency assistance?

Some expenses including tuition charges and unresolved balances on your student account are not eligible for funding from the CARES Act. Also, funds may not be requested for either a family’s or student’s loss of income.

Which students are eligible to apply for funding?

Only students who are or could be eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA), may receive emergency grants.

  • You have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and you meet all the eligibility requirements necessary for consideration of federal financial aid.
  • You are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
  • You are currently enrolled at Curry College.
  • You were not enrolled in a remote learning program prior to the Curry campus closure on March 13, 2020.
  • You were enrolled in courses that moved from face-to-face or hybrid format to fully on-line when classes resumed on March 23, 2020.

How do I apply for emergency funds?

A Funding Request Form with instructions for completion was sent to eligible students at their Curry e-mail address. If you believe you are eligible and did not receive a Request Form, please the Curry College CARES Act Committee at

How will I receive my funds if awarded a grant?

If you are awarded funds from this grant, a check will be mailed to you from the College to the address indicated on your Funding Request Form, via U.S. mail. We will process awards as rapidly as possible in the coming weeks, but please note that we do not have a specific timeline for processing or mailing.

Can a student submit multiple applications for different expenses?

All expenses should be listed on a single Funding Request Form.

Can a student request funds for anticipated expenses in the future?

Expenses must have been incurred due to the closing of the campus. For example, if you signed a lease for rental of an apartment, but have relocated home due to the crisis, you have incurred that expense for x number of months remaining in your lease. Therefore, you can request funding for the debt incurred.

Can the emergency grant funds be applied to a student’s current outstanding student balance?

No, the federal government will not allow application of the emergency funds to a student account.

If the student provides written permission to the College to retain the emergency grant funds can you apply them to my current balance or hold them for next semester’s tuition?

No, the federal government will not allow application of the emergency funds to a student account.

Who should a student contact with questions?

Questions should be sent to

Curry College has altered regular operations due to the ongoing impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). For all internal communications to faculty, staff, and students, please visit Blackboard or the 'COVID-19' tab in the myCurry portal.