“Curry is such a welcoming place. I made friends quickly through classes, my work-study position in the Student Activities Office, and just getting involved in clubs and activities.”
Craig Dudley '12
Major: Graphic Design
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
Curry College has a growing coed club sports program. The Curry Club Sports Program offers students the opportunity to participate in competitive athletic programs not offered as a varsity intercollegiate athletic program. Club sports contribute to the student's physical, emotional and social growth experience. Our teams pride themselves in sportsmanship and professional conduct on and off the field of play.
Club Sports Currently Offered Include:
- Dance Team
- Equestrian Club
- Men's Rugby
- Women's Ice Hockey
All of our clubs sports team competes against other colleges and universities and in most cases are part of a national organization.
The Dance Team performs on campus in addition to competing in regional dance competitions sponsored by the Universal Dance Association (UDA), which governs both dance and cheerleading competition.
Our Equestrian Club is a member of the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) and competes with other area colleges regularly. Team members get individual and group lessons at Grazing Fields Farm in Buzzards Bay, MA. Curry's Equestrian Club Team has hosted competitions, is always competitive in the New England Region of IHSA and in recent post-season events, student-athletes have placed nationally in their respective classes. The Equestrian Club welcomes students of all riding levels to join the team.
Men's Rugby competes in the New England Rugby Football Union (NERFU) division of USA Rugby and provides an opportunity for students to participate with
no prior experience. This team of dedicated men practices a few times a week and competes against colleges and universities all over New England. The Rugby team has a strong history of success in the New England Region. The Rugby team encourages newcomers and has a strong coaching staff that will teach all members the aspects of the game.
The Women's Hockey team competes in The Independent Women's Club Hockey League (IWCHL) which is a newly created club hockey league specifically for women's club teams. The IWCHL is comprised of a dozen teams from around New England.
For more information on Club Sports, call 617-391-5137 or email email@example.com.