“The first semester of Honors classes exceeded my expectations. I thought perhaps that we would not be as involved as freshmen, but I was happy to find out that we all were able to participate equally right off the bat.”
Major: Criminal Justice
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Campus Life /
- Living on Campus /
- Housing Eligibility and Selection
Housing Eligibility and Selection
We are excited to have you join one of our many residential communities on campus!
College Housing is provided for full-time (12 credit hours per term) undergraduate students. Resident students who remain enrolled at the College but drop below full-time status may petition to remain in housing. If the petition is approved, the resident remains responsible for the terms and conditions of the housing agreement. College Housing reserves the right to refuse housing accommodations to any student who has a College Student Conduct Code sanction suspending or denying the privilege of living in College Housing or delinquent accounts for housing related charges. College Housing may administratively move students as necessary in the Residence Halls.
Once incoming first-year students pay their enrollment and housing deposits, they are able to log in to their myCurry portal account and complete their roommate questionnaire. Assignments are typically published early August on the myCurry portal
Each spring semester, usually the first week of April, returning students may participate in a housing selection lottery which determines their room and roommate(s) for the upcoming academic year.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Roommate
You will have several questions to consider when making a roommate choice. Considering the following questions openly and honestly may be a helpful predictor of a roommate with whom you will be compatible:
Care for Others
- When will study times in your room be?
- During study times, is phone use okay? Is the television on or off? The stereo? The computer?
- When will sleep times in your room be?
- During sleep times, are the lights on or off? The television? The stereo? The computer? Is phone use okay?
- Where will messages for each other be posted?
- What steps will you take to respect each other's privacy?
Respect for Authority
- Are guests allowed in the room during study times? During sleep times? During dress/bathing times? Overnight?
- Are there other times that guests are not allowed?
- If you want guests to leave, how will you let each other know?
- Are guests of the opposite gender allowed overnight?
- How much notice should you give each other when you would like someone to stay overnight
Responsible Use of Property
- What does cleaning include? Dusting? Vacuuming? The dishes? Taking out trash? Cleaning the bathroom? The kitchen? Anything else?
- Will you clean your half of the room? Create a cleaning schedule?
- In accordance with university policies, will drinking be allowed in your room?
- Will the doors be locked and closed when you are home?
- What steps will you take to eliminate locking each other out?
- Is it okay for roommates or guests to use your things (like the television, stereo, clothes, food, etc)?
- How will you handle damage occurring to others' belongings? How quickly should this response take place?
- How will you approach each other if you have a concern, including but not limited to violations of this agreement? How quickly should this response take place?
- Do you have additional concerns not covered by the above questions?
We invite you to visit our interactive campus map online to learn about our campus facilities and to consider visiting Curry in person.