• The student to faculty ratio at Curry

    The student to faculty ratio at Curry

  • Wooded acres in Milton, MA

    Wooded acres in Milton, MA

  • Number of miles from Milton campus to downtown Boston

    Number of miles from Milton campus to downtown Boston

  • First-year students who live on campus

    First-year students who live on campus

  • of full-time undergraduates receive financial aid

    of full-time undergraduates receive financial aid


The mock class during Accepted Student Day really sealed the decision for me. The professor was giving a talk on sociology and social life. I wanted to stay in the classroom all day because it was something I was so interested in. He really knew how to grab our attention and I just felt connected with him. I could see myself wanting to be in a classroom like that every day.

Caitlyn De Serres '18
Major: Psychology, Sociology

Recent News

Upcoming Events

Frequently Asked Questions

Are final grades mailed home? How can my student find out their grades and GPA?

Final grades are never mailed home. Students can view their final grades and GPA on the Portal. If a student cannot see their grades, they most likely have a hold on their account. If this is the case, they can call the Registrar's Office at 617-333-2008 to find out what the hold is.

What is the difference between Academic Probation and Academic Warning?

A student is placed on Academic Warning if their semester GPA is under a 2.0, or they have completed less than 75% of the credits they have attempted. Students on Academic Warning are encouraged to work with the Academic Success Coordinator to overcome any challenges they faced the previous semester, and improve their academic standing. Students on Academic Warning are not in danger of losing their financial aid, can participate in varsity athletics, and are not in danger of being dismissed from the College.

A student is placed on Academic Probation if:

  • They have attempted 0 - 18.99 credits (first semester, first year student) and earned less than a 1.5 semester/cumulative GPA
  • They have attempted 19 - 59.99 credits (second semester, first year, sophomores) and earned less than a 1.8 cumulative GPA
  • They have attempted more than 60 credits and earned less than a 2.0 cumulative GPA
  • They have earned less than 67% of the credits they have attempted

A student on Academic Probation has one semester to return to Good Academic Standing, or they will be considered for dismissal from the College. A student on Academic Probation cannot participate in varsity athletics. Students on Academic Probation at the end of the spring semester will lose their financial aid, in accordance with federal guidelines.

What if my student doesn't agree with a final grade they receive?

A student who believes that their final grade was incorrectly calculated can appeal that grade by contacting an Academic Success Coordinator in the Student Center, 2nd Floor. The grade appeal process begins with a meeting with the course professor, and progresses to the department, division, and, if necessary, the Undergraduate Academic Policy Committee.

How can my student get support if they didn't do as well as they wanted to last semester?

Ask your student what challenged them. Was the pace too fast? Did they miss classes? Stay up late and not get homework done? Professional tutors in the Academic Enrichment Center can help students with time management, academic papers, and peer tutoring for many of our classes. The AEC tutors are available at no charge beginning the very first day of classes, so students are encouraged to go early and often!

Another helpful hint parents can give students is talking to professors. Students should introduce themselves to each of their professors during the first week. Then, if they run into an issue, they already have a relationship established. Did a paper or test grade come back lower than expected? Tell them to talk to their professor! They should explain how they studied for the test/approached the paper, and ask for advice moving forward. Faculty are happy to help, but the student has to go to them first!

How many credits should my student earn in their first year at Curry?

To graduate from Curry, a student must earn 120 credits, which equals 30 credits per year for four years. If your student is on track to earn less than that during their first year, don't worry too much! They can make up credits by taking summer classes (at Curry or college closer to your home), doing an internship for credit through our Office of Career Development, or taking extra credits during the semester as they become more comfortable with the requirements and pace of college.

What if my student failed a course?

A student can and should retake a failed course. When a failed course is retaken, the original grade is replaced by the new grade earned, causing the student's cumulative GPA to rise. If a student would like to retake a course they failed, they should contact their academic advisor or the Registrar's Office.


Campus Calendar

Campus events, game days, important dates, deadlines and more.

Directions & Maps

Find directions to Curry College, along with helpful campus maps.

Meet Our People

Meet the outstanding students, faculty and alumni of Curry College.

Follow Us

Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Watch us on YouTube...and more!


© Curry College 1071 Blue Hill Ave, Milton, Massachusetts 02186 | 617-333-0500