Skip Navigation Back to Top

Partnering for Success

The Office of Academic Success partners with students and other support areas on campus to develop strategies for students to have a successful semester.  This is done through workshops, one-on-one consultations with students, and referrals to other campus resources.

  • Academic Alert System: Faculty members can issue an academic alert for a student throughout the semester. The alert is a good indication that you need to improve your performance in order to be successful in that course and the Academic Success Coordinators are here to partner with you on how to accomplish this.
  • Midterm Grades are issued in October and March and students can receive S (Satisfactory – Grade of A, B, or C), U (Unsatisfactory – Grade of C-, D+, D, or D-), or F (failing). Students who receive multiple Us and Fs will be contacted by Academic Success with resources to assist in improving their performance or options for salvaging a course they are failing. Students are encouraged to meet with their faculty members if they are not sure of their actual grade in the course and to discuss how to improve.

Academic Success Coordinators:

Chuck Kaufman (students with last names A-F)
Matt Dugan (students with last names G-M)
Jennifer Kallin (students with last names N-Z)
Danèa Cosgrove (students in the School of Business and Computer Science)

(617) 333-2194

Helpful Information

Two Ways to Access Tutoring

Curry College students have access to both peer and professional tutoring through the following services:

Peer Tutoring:
Students in need of a peer tutor can utilize the Acuity scheduling platform to view the list all of the Curry College approved peer tutors and the areas in which they tutor, as well as book an appointment with a peer tutor. There is no cost to students for Curry College peer tutors and students can access the system through the myCurry portal on the 'Academic Support' tab under 'Academic Tutoring.'

TutorMe Icon

In areas where a peer tutor is not available, or a student prefers a professional tutor, students have access to TutorMe, a 24/7 on demand virtual live tutoring service. The link to TutorMe is embedded in each student’s Canvas Learning Management System left navigation pane. Students are able to utilize 180 minutes of tutoring a week through this service.

In order to graduate from Curry College students must achieve the following:

  • Complete 120 credits
  • Complete their General Education requirements
  • Complete their major requirements
  • Achieve a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA

Each program at the College has a degree map to help you see what courses you should take in order to complete your degree in 4-years without taking summer or winter classes.  Students can find all degree maps on the myCurry portal. Generally it is recommended that students take 15 credits per semester to achieve the 120 credits needed for graduation. 

In addition to the degree map, students have access to their degree audit (CAPP) which shows what courses are needed to graduate and which have already been completed.  Using the degree audit along with the degree map is a great way to track your progress towards graduation.

All full or part-time undergraduate and continuing education degree-seeking students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to receive financial aid. All students will be reviewed at the close of the spring semester for adherence to the SAP standards.

SAP includes three standards of measurement:

1. Cumulative Grade Point Average 

In order to retain financial aid eligibility undergrad and CE students must maintain a minimum GPA based on attempted number of credits:

Attempted Credits Min. Cum GPA
0 to 18.99 1.5
19 to 59.99 1.8
60 or more 2.0


2. Credits Earned 

All students must complete at least 67% of the credits which they attempt.

3. Maximum Time Frame

Students enrolled full-time and earning a four year degree are allowed up to six years or 180 attempted credits of financial aid eligibility to earn the 120 credits required for degree completion.

Students who do not meet one or more of the above three standards will become ineligible to receive financial aid and must appeal to try and regain eligibility.

You may review the entire SAP policy at

Students achieve an academic standing each semester they take courses at the College. There are 5 possible Academic Standings:

  • Dean’s List: Full-time students who achieve the Dean’s List have a semester average of 3.3 or higher, 12 letter graded credits that count towards their GPA, no incompletes, and no grade below a C.
  • Good Standing: Students who have a semester GPA of 2.0 to 3.2 and a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and have completed at least 75% of the credits they attempt are in good academic standing at the College.
  • Academic Warning: Students who have a semester GPA lower than 2.0 but higher than the standard for Academic Probation are placed on Academic Warning. This is an indication that you need to improve your performance in subsequent semesters to return to good standing. Students are also placed on academic warning when they have completed fewer than 75% but more than 67% of their attempted credits.
  • Academic Probation: Students are placed on Academic Probation when they fail to achieve the minimum required cumulative GPA (1.5 for students with fewer than 19 credits; 1.8 for students with 19-59 credits; and 2.0 for students with more than 60 credits) or when they fail to complete 67% of the credits they attempt.
  • Academic Dismissal: Students are reviewed for Academic Dismissal when they are on Academic Probation for two consecutive semesters. Students who are dismissed from the College may not take courses at Curry College and are not eligible for readmission for one year.

...Appeal a grade

Students have a right to dispute a final grade in a course through the grade appeal process. Students who wish to dispute their grade should contact the Office of Academic Success within 30 calendar days of the beginning of the semester following the one in which the student was awarded the disputed grade.  As part of this process the student will be required to meet with the faculty member to discuss the subject of the appeal.  If a resolution is not agreed upon, the grade appeal then goes to the department for consideration, and if needed to the Undergraduate Academic Policy Committee (UAPC).  Full details on the grade appeal process can be found in the Curry College course catalog.

...Submit an Academic Petition

Students wishing to appeal an academic policy can petition the Academic Petition Committee. Petitions are available in the Registrar’s Office and the Academic Success Coordinators are available to assist students with completing the petition and determining when a petition is appropriate.

...Appeal an Academic Dismissal

Students who are on Academic Probation for two consecutive semesters are reviewed for dismissal from the College. Once a student has been notified that they have been dismissed from the College, they have a right to appeal that decision.  Students should inform their Academic Success Coordinator that they are appealing the decision and should submit the appeal form on the myCurry portal with supporting documentation. 

...Apply for readmission to the College after an Academic Dismissal or Withdrawal

Students who were Academically Dismissed or withdrew from the College can apply for readmission at a later date. The readmit form can be found on the Registrar’s page and students can work with an Academic Success Coordinator on their readmit application.  Students applying for readmission should be able to speak to and document what actions they have taken since they left the institution.

...Return to the College after a Leave of Absence

Students wishing to return the College after a leave of absence should contact the Registrar’s Office.