“At WMLN, not only did I learn the technical aspects of working in media, like setting up interviews and editing and making pieces air-ready, but I learned things like how to manage employees, how to deal with radio and music personalities and how to be professional in the face of those challenges.”
Sydney Lowe '98
Manager of Broadcasting Operations
- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'WWI: The Music and Times 100 Years Later'
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- First-Year Experience /
- First-Year Academic Advisors
First-Year Academic Advisors
Your academic advisor will be an important guide to you in your first year. Your advisor is a faculty member at Curry who will know you as an individual. You will meet with him/her several times during the first year to help you plan your academic program, reflect on your goals and how to reach them, and engage in thoughtful conversation about your learning. Your advisor can help give you insights about your career goals, guidance on finding resources, and tools to achieve success. Use your advisor as a partner and mentor in the learning process, and you will find a true ally in helping you develop life-long skills.