“There is incredible technology in the lab and as a prospective student visiting Curry, I knew I would want to get involved in the lab at some point during my undergraduate career. I learned experimental Psychology, had peer teaching opportunities, experience in the lab, and exposure to many other areas of Psychology. I completely loved it here.”
Heather Flaherty '14
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
Accounting - the measurement, processing, and communication of financial information - is a growing field. Curry College's degree program is designed to provide a strong foundation for an Accounting career, including preparation for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam and courses such as forensic accounting and international accounting. The Greater Boston area provides many potential opportunities for meaningful internships and for career options after graduation.
- Provide students with an in-depth knowledge of Accounting practices.
- Give students the opportunity to analyze and discuss real-world Accounting challenges.
- Recommend an internship to help students practice the theory of Accounting in action and identify which sector of Accounting they may be interested in.
- Prepare students to take the CPA exam and apply what they have learned.
Careers in Accounting
The Accounting major offers a comprehensive background for employment or continuing education in graduate schools. According to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, "employment of accountants and auditors is expected to grow 16 percent from 2010 to 2020." Curry's Accounting degree program offers a mandatory Audit course and Tax course, both required to apply for the CPA exam, which will allow students to pursue a CPA or corporate position within the Accounting field. Candidates with a CPA designation will have an advantage in the job market.
Get Started Today!
Visit campus and explore Curry's Accounting program in person. You also may request information to learn more about the major, minor or concentration of your choice. When you're ready to apply to Curry, we'll help you get started.
Contact the Business Management Department:
Academic and Performance Center, Room 214