“I went to orientation and met a girl who ended up being my roommate for all four years. I've still stayed extremely close with friends I made at Curry, both students and faculty.”
Alicia (Viscomi) Williams '09
Owner/President, Aliste' Internet Marketing, Inc.
- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'WWI: The Music and Times 100 Years Later'
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Community Health & Wellness
Community Health & Wellness
If you want to become a health educator in the area of community, government, health care or fitness, then the community health and wellness major is designed for you. The community health and wellness major can also prepare you for graduate programs and also meets the coursework criteria for eligibility to become a Certified Health Education Specialist.
Community Health & Wellness as a MAJOR
The Community Health & Wellness program includes 18 hours of health courses and 15 hours of electives, which are designed to provide the student with the competencies desirable for future employment.
Community Health & Wellness as a MINOR
The Community Health & Wellness department offers a minor which is open to all Curry College students. As with the Community Health & Wellness major, the minor provides students an opportunity to combine the study of health with a major in any discipline.
Exploratory Health Professions (EHP) Program
The Exploratory Health Professions (EHP) Program at Curry College is designed to help students interested in health services fields identify and pursue a major that will lead to internships and employment in the health care industry following graduation. Students selected for this program will take a common set of courses their first year and have the opportunity to participate in workshops and events throughout the year that assist with identifying strengths and interests and expose them to options in health related professions. At the end of the first year, EHP students will have the opportunity to declare their major and plan their pathway to graduation.
Get Started Today!
Visit campus and explore Curry's community health and wellness program in person. You also may request information to learn more about the major, minor or concentration of your choice. When you're ready to apply to Curry, we'll help you get started.
Contact the Education Department:
Faculty Building, Room 108
"My internship at Athletic Republic is great. I'm being groomed to train middle and high school-age kids who have the goal to become Division 1 college athletes. Already it has helped strengthen my passion for fitness, enhanced my communication skills and reassured me that this is the career I want to pursue."
Congratulations to members of the Curry education and health faculty for their on-going professional accomplishments!