“I always tell prospective students that if you are going to be the student who stays in your room on Facebook all day, you will not like it here. Getting involved is a way to success.”
Amber Soucy '13
Medical Surgical Telemetry Nurse
St. Luke's Hospital, New Bedford, Massachusetts
- Alumnus and Trustee Anthony M. Campo '79 Appointed to Superior Court Judgeship
- Dean's List Honors Reception Recognizes Exceptional Students, Mentors
- Dr. Deborah C. Jackson, Hon. '14 Shares Personal Perspectives with Students
- More News >
- Senior Design and Studio Arts Exhibition: 'Ebb + Flow'
April 20 - May 21
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search (WEST COAST)
- Spring 2017 Fine Arts Performance: you | me | us, identity
May 5 - May 6
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Public Health & Wellness
Public Health & Wellness
Curry College's Public Health & Wellness major prepares you to excel in your chosen public health and/or health-related career. Our program cultivates your understanding of health and well-being by providing innovative instruction that gives you the knowledge and transferable skills necessary for you to thrive in your career after graduation. These include:
- Public Health
- Health Education
- Community Health Education
- Substance/Alcohol Abuse
We are proud of our program's interdisciplinary approach to health and wellness as our students must master both the natural and social sciences, providing them with a diverse understanding of public health prevention and research. In addition, our students are encouraged to embrace the diversity found in the human mosaic, cultural competence, health equity, and social justice, as these are increasingly important in the field of public health and wellness.
This major has foundations in the biological, psychological, social, and behavioral sciences, and prepares students who are interested in gaining employment in the growing health industry for careers working with individuals, hospitals, communities, worksites, or wellness centers, or in the local, state, or federal government.
The Bachelor of Science degree prepares the graduate who is interested in a variety of science-related fields, including but not limited to epidemiology, environmental health, nursing, physical therapy, health research, physician assistance, or medicine.
Get Started Today!
Visit campus and explore Curry's Public Health & Wellness program in person. You also may request information to learn more about the major, minor or concentration of your choice. When you're ready to apply to Curry, we'll help you get started. For more information about the Public Health & Wellness major, please contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-333-2210.