- Curry Duo Recognized as Massachusetts Nurse of the Year Finalists
- Student’s Advocacy Earns Her a Trip to the White House
- Psychology Faculty, Alumni, Student Present Research at NEPA Conference
- More News >
- Alumni Art and Design Exhibit: Here & Back
October 22 - December 9
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'Stormy Weather: Music and Politics in the 20s, 30s and WWII'
- Curry Theatre Presents: Green Day's 'American Idiot'
December 7 - December 10
- More Events >
Established in 2002, the Curry Speaking Center has become an important asset on the Curry campus.
The work of the Speaking Center supports Curry College's commitment to each student's unique combination of abilities and diverse learning needs. Students coming to the Speaking Center can work with a faculty member or peer facilitator to learn and reinforce speaking skills.
The Speaking Center provides individual assistance to students at all stages in the speech preparation process. Students preparing a speech or presentation for any class may come to the Speaking Center to work on it. Students come for help with everything from organizing material, polishing Power Point slides, or honing delivery skills. The Speaking Center is open to any student in any course, regardless of major.
A key element in the success of the Speaking Center is the staffing by carefully selected, trained peer tutors known as Speech Associates who work one-on-one with students by videotaping practice sessions, giving feedback, and aiding students in polishing their presentations.
Students can sign up for an appointment online at curryspeaking.setster.com or by visiting the Speaking Center, located in AAPC 207, on the top floor of the Academic and Performing Arts Center. Appointments for individual students are scheduled for a half hour and groups of students, two or more, are scheduled for an hour.
The Speaking Center provides the following:
- Help organizing your ideas
- Help turning a paper into a presentation
- Help with speaking style
- Help with delivery
- Videotaping and feedback
- General speaking tips
- ...and lots of moral support and encouragement!
Make an Appointment
Making a Difference
Don't just take our word for it...listen to what our students say about the Speaking Center:
-"You really encouraged and helped me a lot."
-"It's a relaxed place to come and get positive feedback."
-"I came in somewhat nervous. After a practice run I felt great and confident."
-"I underestimated coming in how helpful the Speaking Center would be, but I definitely plan to come back in the future."