- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- Curry Theatre Presents: Anton Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
December 10 - December 12
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
Welcome to the Curry College Writing Center!
OUR MISSION AND PHILOSOPHY
The Curry College Writing Center is dedicated to assisting Curry students at any level make their writing the best that it can be. From brainstorming, creating an outline or graphic organizer, or writing the first paragraph, to putting together a bibliography and completing final proofreading, our professional Writing Center Specialists and trained Peer Writing Fellows work with students at any stage of the writing process. After making an appointment with a Writing Center staff member, students receive individual attention to their writing through a combination of discussion, feedback, and direct instruction. We pride ourselves on helping students become stronger, more flexible and confident writers, as well as more independent learners and thinkers.
We are located in the Academic Enrichment Center on the second floor of Levin Library, in room L202.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE* - OR feel free to use the Writing Center kiosk outside the Writing Center (upstairs in the library, Levin 202).
*Before students make an appointment for the first time, they need to register as a new user and create an account using their Curry email address and password. Students can sign up for two half hour appointments per week in the Writing Center at no charge. If no one is signed up for the following appointment, students may stay for an additional 1/2 hour appointment.
HOURS AND SCHEDULING INFORMATION
The Writing Center is generally open during the following hours whenever the College is open:
- Monday - Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Fridays, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sundays, 2:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Academic Enrichment Center Professional Tutoring Schedule - Fall 2015
NOTE: We are closed during holidays, breaks, and weather closures when the College is closed. Limited hours may be available during summer sessions.
Come by the Academic Enrichment Center on the second floor of Levin Library, or call Annmarie Koehler at 617-333-2248. If you are calling after 4:30 p.m., please call 617-333-2978 to be connected directly to the Writing Center.