- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'WWI: The Music and Times 100 Years Later'
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Student Services /
- Public Safety /
- Fire Safety and Alarms
Fire Safety and Alarms
If you discover or suspect a fire
- Sound the alarm in the building.
- If the alarm doesn't sound, knock on all doors and shout warnings to all occupants of the building.
- Call Public Safety at ext. 2222.
- Do not place yourself at risk by trying to put out the fire. Help is on the way.
Fire drill procedures
- Treat each alarm as if it were an actual emergency and leave the area as quickly and calmly as possible.
- Dress as appropriately as possible.
- When you leave lock your room.
- Exit the building using the stairwell closest to you.
- At times it will be necessary to shut off the alarm. This does not mean the building is safe to be entered. Remain outside in a designated area until you are instructed to re-enter the building by the Milton Fire Department or Public Safety or Residence Life.
If you are in a burning building
- If there is smoke in the room keep low to the floor.
- Before passing through any doors, feel the doorknob. If it is hot, do not open the door. Attempt to exit by other means.
- If you cannot exit, hang something from the window such as a pillow case or a shirt to attract attention for help.
- When the Milton Fire Department arrives, stay well back and out of their way. Your good intentions could slow down the Fire Departments efforts.
Curry College Strictly Prohibits
- Malicious pulling of any fire alarm when deemed to be false.
- False reports of a fire.
- Malicious tampering with any fire extinguishers.
- The burning of any property.
- Destruction or defacement of any fire alarm system.
Public Safety requests that any student that has knowledge of any of the above violations contact the anonymous Hot Tip Line at ext. 2159.
Any student who wantonly and without authority pulls a fire alarm under any falsehoods or damages any fire alarm system faces prosecution ( Mass General Laws) and or expulsion from the College.