Earn Your Bachelor's and Master's in Just 5 Years!
Our 5th Year Master’s Programs provide you with your Master of Arts in Criminal Justice (MACJ), Master of Business Administration (MBA), or Master of Education (M.Ed.) just one year after you receive your Bachelor’s Degree.
How does it work?
5th Year Curry MACJ, MBA, and M.Ed. students are each part of a cohort group. This means that the same students will be in all of your graduate classes for the entire program, start to finish. Curry students in ANY MAJOR can apply to the 5th Year MACJ and MBA programs and M.Ed. is open to Education Majors.
MBA and M.Ed. students accelerate their studies by enrolling in courses during summer terms immediately following their junior year and during the senior year of their undergraduate program.
You are able to take graduate courses in each semester of your senior year while obtaining your bachelor’s degree, the cost of which is covered by your undergraduate tuition. You then go on for just one more year to complete your master’s degree.
On-campus housing is available for students participating in 5th Year Programs. Please contact the Office of Residence Life & Housing at 617-333-2252 or email@example.com for more information.
Where Can a Curry Master's Degree Take You?
Our alumni work in a variety of fields in top-notch positions. MACJ graduates work in local, state, and federal law enforcement, parole and probation, corrections, courts, and many other areas. Our MBA alumni are researchers, marketers, and leaders at some of the country’s top companies, like 3M, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Biogen. Many of our M.Ed. alumni go on to make a meaningful impact in public and independent school districts in Massachusetts and across the nation.
Curry also offers Master of Science in Accounting, Master of Science in Nursing, and ACCEL (Second Bachelor’s in Nursing) degrees.
A master’s degree in criminal justice can open doors and give you a real edge in your career. There are many reasons to choose Curry’s 5th Year MACJ Program. Here are just a few:
- Capstone Project Experience – The Capstone Project truly sets our program apart from others. Along with members of your cohort you will develop and carry out a community-based project that addresses a contemporary criminal justice issue through the application of an innovative, problem-solving approach. The project will culminate in a presentation with your fellow cohort members, where faculty, community leaders, and subject-matter experts will be in attendance.
- Exciting Courses – You’ll take courses in Criminology, Innovative Justice Administration, Trauma Informed Work and Restoration in the Justice System, Data Analysis and many more.
- Substantial Tuition Discount – Curry students enjoy approximately $7,000 in savings over a traditional graduate MACJ program.
- Learn in a Hyflex Modality - Students now have a schedule with increased flexibility. You choose how to attend lectures: in-person or remotely through Zoom. The program’s combination of courses delivered in hyflex and fully online offers flexibility while you remain connected with your professors and peers.
An MBA can give you an advantage over your competition and elevate your career to the next level. There are so many reasons to choose Curry’s 5th Year MBA Program, including:
- Capstone Consulting Experience – The Capstone truly sets our MBA apart from other programs. You’ll consult with a real client and work together with your classmates to solve real business challenges, ultimately presenting your strategy to the client at Capstone Night. Capstone clients who have put Curry MBA students’ ideas into action include Reebok, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Newport Polo Club, Hasbro, and many others.
- IACBE Accreditation – Curry’s Business programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
- Exciting Courses – You’ll take courses in International Business, Strategic Marketing, Business Law and Corporate Governance, and many more.
- Substantial Tuition Discount – Curry students enjoy approximately $9,000 in savings over a traditional graduate MBA program.
A 5th Year Master of Education in Elementary or Special Education at Curry will accelerate your career while saving you significant time and money. In addition to the M.Ed. you’ll also earn two teaching credentials.
- Two Degrees, Two Licenses:
- Earn your first DESE credential as you complete your bachelor’s degree
- Earn a second DESE credential in one more year, as you complete your master’s degree
- Exciting Opportunities – Seize the opportunity for early field experience in your sophomore year and take advantage of enhanced teaching job opportunities.
- Substantial Tuition Discount – Curry students enjoy approximately $8,000 in savings over a traditional graduate M.Ed. program.