Skip Navigation Back to Top
International Students from myriad of countries pose for a photo at Curry College

Welcome to the Curry College Community

Studying in the United States can be a life-changing experience. We’re just as excited about the ways you’ll change Curry College: Our community is better thanks to the perspective and culture you bring here as an international student.

We’re in this together—even before you get here. Our Admission team has years of experience helping international students understand Curry’s admission process, as well as the U.S. government’s student immigration policies.

U.S. Government Student Visa Eligibility Requirements

Students entering the United States to pursue full-time study must get a student visa. The first step toward getting a visa is acceptance into a college or university; explore the other visa eligibility requirements at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement websites.

Get Personalized Admission Assistance

Going to college is a big step—and studying in a foreign country is an even bigger one. The admission counselors at Curry understand the questions you might have about coming to the U.S. and can help you find answers. Learn about getting a student visa, paying for your education and seeing how a Curry education makes sense for your future.

Talk to an admission counselor

International Admission Process and Travel Planning

How To Apply

A complete Curry application includes:

  • An online application or printable application, along with a non-refundable $50 fee
  • An official high school transcript as well as official GSCE examination scores, if applicable. (Transcripts must be translated and evaluated. Learn more below.)
  • A letter of recommendation from guidance counselor or high school teacher
  • A college essay

If English is your first language you must submit your SAT and/or ACT scores directly from the appropriate testing agency.

TOEFL and IELTS Exam Scores

If English is not your first language and you are applying to the nursing or education programs, you will be required to submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination or IELTS scores.

Required Scores:

TOEFL: 80 or higher (nursing students, 85 or higher)

IELTS: 6.0 or higher (nursing students, 6.5 or higher)

Learn more about TOEFL

Review the IELTS

Transcript Translation and Evaluation

All international educational transcripts and certificates must be translated into English and evaluated by an accredited agency that specializes in international educational evaluations, such as the Center for Educational Documentation (CED) in Boston, +1 (617) 338-7171.

Find other agencies

All applicants must submit a $50 fee to apply to Curry. You can use Flywire to make this payment. Flywire offers payment options in over 100 countries.

Questions? Contact Flywire’s 24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week customer support line at +1 (800) 346-9252 or, or find additional resources.

Submit your application fee on Flywire

International students must submit two forms as part of the entrance process:

  • The F-1 Student Certification of Finance is a form from your bank confirming that you have enough money in an account to cover one year’s cost of Curry College. This form must be sent by certified mail, not electronically.

Send this form to:

Curry College
Attention: International Student Advisor
1071 Blue Hill Avenue
Milton, MA USA 02186

Email this form to


International students should fly into Logan International Airport in Boston, just 13 miles from campus. Once you arrive, you can get to campus via Uber, Lyft or a taxicab, or take a shuttle from the airport.


Family members traveling to Curry can stay at the Homewood Suites, 50 Royall St., Canton, MA, +1 (855) 605-0320. Just 2 miles away, it is the nearest hotel to campus.

If you are traveling to Curry without your family, please contact the admission office at or +1 (617) 333-2210, and let us know when you plan to arrive.

Campus Directions

Get familiar with our campus layout before you arrive, or use these campus directions to drive to our Milton campus from Boston, Providence, R.I. and other locations.

Explore our campus

Curry guarantees on-campus housing to international students while they study here. First-year international students live in the North Campus Residence Hall, which provides access to kitchens and common spaces as well as direct access to a professional staff member and residency within a community of both first- and second-year students.


Your roommate may be from the U.S. or another country. No matter where they’re from, Residence Life & Housing is focused on providing the best possible experience and helping you make a successful transition to campus life.

Residence Hall Closures

Curry's residence halls close during Thanksgiving Break (late November), Winter Break (mid-December into January), Spring Break (March) and Summer Break (mid-May through August). In most cases, students need to leave the residence halls when they close. If you live a long way from the Boston area and cannot go home, Residence Life & Housing will work with you to find suitable housing.

Meal Plans

All international resident students must be enrolled in a college meal plan. You will also have access to kitchen space within North Campus Residence Hall during your first semester, if you want to prepare meals. Speak with Dining Services for help meeting any special dietary needs.

Living at Curry

Curry’s Student Health Services

Every international student must have health insurance. You can sign up for the Curry College health insurance plan, but we suggest considering multiple options to find the one that’s best for you.

Explore Curry’s Health Services

The United States Health Care System

The health care system in the United States is much different than in most other countries. While many countries provide government-paid health care, each person in the U.S. is responsible for paying for their own medical care. That means every time you need to see a doctor, get prescription medication, undergo a lab procedure or need hospitalization, you will need to pay some portion of the cost.

In the U.S., health insurance helps cover these costs. These expenses can exceed tens of thousands of dollars if surgery or a hospital stay is required. Without insurance, patients are responsible for paying all those costs. With insurance, patients pay only a portion of these costs.

Massachusetts law requires that all college students have health insurance. If you need medical care while you are here, it is a vital part of affording that treatment. (You must also comply with the Massachusetts immunization requirements.)

As an international student it is important to know the U.S. Government does not pay any part of any medical expenses for international students and it is a violation of immigration laws for F-1, F-2, J-1 and J-2 students and their dependents to accept public assistance. It is very important that you sign up for an insurance plan prior to enrolling at the College or becoming ill or injured.

Coming to a new country is hard on its own, but it’s even harder when you need to learn the language. That’s why Curry provides additional support to non-English speakers with a first-year program that will help you improve your reading, writing and speaking skills.

Our English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESoL) program includes extra academic support, special ESoL classes and opportunities to meet other international students, who will be participating in the program with you. You can even show off your culinary skills at an international dinner held during your first semester.

Some features of the program include:

Classes for International Students

AE 1030 - American Culture & Language I
Improve your English skills as you become a better reader, writer, speaker and listener, both in and out of class.

AE 1050 - Read Around the World
Your success in class depends on how well you can understand, engage with and critically read your texts. Find strategies for success in this class.

AE 1070 - Discovering Boston
Boston is your new home. Get to know it through this class, which explores the city’s history, culture and environment. Weekly trips, conversations and written reflections.

International Student Support

Every week, you’ll meet with a specialist in the Writing Center who will give you one-on-one assistance. You may also work with a peer conversation partner to improve your English-speaking skills, or a peer tutor to assist with other classwork.

At the end of the first semester, we will assess your progress as we make plans for the second semester. Have questions? Reach out to a Curry academic advisor for assistance.

Learn more about Academic Advising

Congratulations on your acceptance to Curry! We’re so excited to welcome you into our community. Once you submit your deposit, you will hear from an international student advisor who will help you complete Curry’s enrollment process and start applying for a student visa. (Deposits are due by May 1.)

Complete your enrollment

Receiving and Transferring Your I-20

To study in the United States, you need a student visa—and to get a student visa, you need a Form I-20, which we will issue to you.

Before we can do that, though, you need to complete your enrollment. In addition to submitting a deposit, you must also complete: 

After we receive those forms, we will create the I-20 and send it to you via certified mail. Once you get that, make an appointment with the consulate in your home country to apply for a visa. Ask your consulate which materials to bring to the appointment. Every country has different requirements.

If you have an I-20 from another college or high school, you can transfer it to Curry College. Complete a “Transfer In” form with your school’s international student advisor, and email it to; you will receive a new I-20 with Curry’s information on it. (If transferring schools, we suggest renewing your visa even if it is not set to expire; it can cause complications with U.S. Customs and Border Patrol if your current school is not reflected on the visa.)

Questions? Ask us! Your admission advisor can help.

Contact the Admission Office

Curry International Students on a Harbor Cruise in Boston

International Student Orientation

There’s a lot of information to absorb when you start college, and even more if you’re an international student. Don’t miss International Student Orientation, where you’ll meet other international students, learn about life on campus and Boston and get a head start on preparing for college classes.

Get Involved in Our Community:

Students and faculty have class in the woods
Undergraduate Degrees and Programs

Curry offers over 90 academic programs in fields such as business and computer science, nursing, education, science, mathematics, the arts and communication.

The Curry Compass Club explores Blue Hills Reservation
Student Life

You’re not just coming to the U.S. to take classes—you want to dive into a new culture and community. At Curry, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in dozens of clubs and activities, join a team, explore Boston, New England and other places, and experience a whole new way of life.

A student works on her laptop in the Learning Commons
Resources for Current International Students

At Curry, we give each of our students the 1-on-1 attention they need to thrive. As an international student, you’ll find numerous resources devoted to your success. The staff in our writing center, academic success center, Diversity Center and other student-focused resources are each dedicated to helping you get the most out of your college experience.

Join Our Diverse Campus

The Curry community is better with you in it. Talk to us to learn how our campus can feel like your home away from home.