“When I was looking for colleges I wanted to be near or in Boston because that is where I saw plenty of opportunities within the IT field.”
Stacy Osorio '14
Sales Engineer, Localytics
Major: Information Technology
- "Curry Prime Time Report" Newscast and Student-Produced Film, "Reflexivity" Both Finalists in National Media Competition
- Trustee Joyce A. Murphy recognized as one of Worcester Business Journal’s Outstanding Women in Business
- The Institute on Learning Differences Gives Special Education Majors Unique Opportunity
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: "Primary Sources" - Highlighting the works of self-taught African American artists from the South
January 25 - March 6
- The Curry College Young Alumni Council Presents: Networking Night
- Accepted Student Day 2016
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Resources and Services /
- Academic Resources /
- The Center for Career Development /
- Events and Programs
Events and Programs
The Center for Career Development strives to produce meaningful and effective career events for students from all class years. Events range from small employer info sessions to larger traditional job and internship fairs. The following are a sample of the events and workshops the we host throughout the academic year:
Career & Internship Fair
The Career & Internship Fair connects students to job and internship opportunities. Undergraduate students as well as graduating seniors, attend this event to speak individually with recruiters and company representatives about job and internship opportunities. This events occurs annually during the spring semester.
***If you are a staffing or recruiting firm, please contact the Center for Career Development.
There is no better way to learn about an organization, its people, and its culture than to experience them first-hand. Future Fridays gives students the opportunity to meet employers, tour their offices, and gain insights into a specific industry and functional area. This company visit program is held on five consecutive Fridays during the fall and spring semesters.
The annual Senior Conference is Curry's premier career preparation event for graduating seniors. This half-day professional conference includes a keynote speaker and career workshops on topics including advanced resume writing, job searching, networking, and interviewing skills. This event occurs at the start of the spring semester and is intended to prepare seniors for their spring job search.
In addition to large campus-wide events, the Center for Career Development also hosts a variety of smaller events for specific majors, students populations, or industries. Some past events include:
- Former Student Athlete Panel
- Navigating Your Career: A Career Launching Workshop for Women
- Graduate School Workshops
- Employer Information Sessions
Save The Date
2016 Spring Events
Career & Internship Fair
Tuesday, March 29
4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Student Center, Katz Gymnasium