- Sports Broadcasting Professionals Share Experiences, Career Advice with Students During Panel Discussion
- Criminal Justice Students Experience the Justice System Up Close at Newton District Trial Court
- Psychology Students, Alumni and Faculty Present Research at New England Psychology Association Conference
- More News >
- Art Exhibit: 'Absence & Presence - A Printmaking Response to the Bombing of Al-Mutanabbi Street'
November 2 - December 20
- The Keighton Fund of Curry College Presents, 'WWI: The Music and Times 100 Years Later'
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, &/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
Anonymous Hot Tip Line: 617-333-2159
The Curry College Department of Public Safety's mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for our entire community. This encompasses all students, employees and everyone that visits our campus. Public Safety is everyone's responsibility; we ask our entire Curry College Community to get involved.
Location and Hours
The Office of Public Safety is located at the Mayflower Parking Lot on the north side of campus. The Office is open Monday - Thursday 8:30 am to 7:00 pm, Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Saturday 8:30 am to 3:00pm. For Parking Permits and Id's. We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our Front Gate is manned at all times.
Public Safety is staffed by 18 full-time officers as well as three part-time officers and one administrative assistant. Chief Greeley recently retired from the Massachusetts State Police after a 27 year career. Students who wish to pursue a career in law enforcement are welcome to stop by the Public Safety Office at anytime to meet with the Chief and discuss this career path.
Community Based Policing
Public Safety practices all aspects of community based policing, and regularly performs safety seminars on campus. We look forward to student involvement in all aspects of safety on campus. Curry College students are required to carry their Curry College ID with them at all times. We are involved with many of the aspects of Residence Life, Health and Safety Week, Spring Fest, Senior Week, Alcohol Safety and Awareness Organization (ASAO), Student Government and all Sporting Events. Please respect all buildings and Residence Halls; treat them as you would your home.
There are 40 emergency telephones installed on campus for your safety. These phones immediately alert our guard shack at the front gate and your location is immediately identified.
Public Safety provides on campus escort; dial x2222.
Public Safety will perform escorts off campus when campus shuttle services are halted or other emergency circumstances deem it to be necessary.
Public Safety can be contacted by telephone by dialing x2222 on campus or 617-333-2222 off campus. This number should be utilized for all emergencies.
Chief Greeley's direct line, which also serves as our anonymous hot tip line, is x2159 on campus or 617-333-2159 off campus.