“I actually visited Curry three times before I made my decision. I loved everything about it, including the location and sense of community I got when I stepped on campus. It just felt like it would be easy to fit right in.”
Monica DiStefano '14
6th Grade Math Teacher
Major: Elementary Education
- Stephanny Elias Featured in U.S. News Article that Debunks Scholarship Myths
- Texas Review Press to Publish Dr. Lindsay Illich's Award-Winning Poetry Book
- New Charles River Center Internship Leaves Lasting Impression on Psychology Students
- More News >
- Art Gallery Exhibit: Full Tilt Print Studio Presents 'Sub Rosa'
January 23 - March 6
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- Accepted Student Day 2017
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Communication /
- Communication Scholars
Picture yourself in a program with something extra.
Did you ever see yourself...
- Producing a film?
- In public relations?
- Writing for broadcast media?
- Performing on stage?
- Leading a marketing team?
- Editing and creating video?
- On the air with your own radio show?
Then apply to join Curry College's Communication Scholars prior to your First-Year at Curry. COM Scholars is a select group of talented students who want to:
- Get a jump start on internships in the Communication field
- Enjoy special opportunities for connections with industry leaders
- Work closely with faculty mentors in exciting specialties
Join your professors in a setting that is both academically challenging and unique. Communication Scholars meet as a group in two specially designated linked courses for COM Scholars: Fundamentals of Communication and First Year Seminar. Support each other in charting your unique paths through the many curricular and internship possibilities.
A Memorable Experience...
|"The classes I had with my fellow COM Scholars were by far the most exciting and memorable. I had a support group that I could turn to whenever I needed them and there is not a doubt in my mind that they are friends that I will have for life. This program gave me the opportunity to explore a variety of areas in the communication field and I'm excited to continue to develop my career path with the other COM Scholars." - Gabrielle Dube '14, Production Assistant, MLB Network|
|"I loved being part of Communication Scholars! I love the opportunities we get to meet people in the industry. I also like how I am with other students who are really interested in the same field." - Chloe Ferrarone, '14, Production Coordinator, MLB.com|
|"My time with the COM Scholars program was incredible. I experienced an epiphany as a result of one of our dinners with professionals in the communication field, not to mention that I was able to complete an internship with a company that I learned about through the program." - Elton Silva, '14, Senior Consultant at CVS Health|
The Currier Times and curriertimes.net are Curry College's student-produced news publications. Students blog, cover breaking campus news, write feature stories, and produce photo slideshows, podcasts and videos and gain a wealth of experience in print publishing, including long-form writing, copyediting, photography, photo editing and page design.