“When students first meet their orientation leaders, they're usually very quiet. But it's the role of their orientation leader to get them comfortable with each other, make friends, participate in the different activities. If students have any questions they should feel like they can ask that question without being judged or that they shouldn't ask - there is no such thing as a dumb question when it comes to orientation.”
Jordan Rogers '15
Major: Criminal Justice
- Kelly Nichols '12 Receives Everett Schools Golden Apple Award for Teaching
- Rookie Police Officer Jordan Rogers '15 Rescues Man from Deadly Apartment Fire
- Ryan Hathaway '17 Earns One of Three National Co-ops in Boston Globe Sports Department
- More News >
- New Student Orientation 2016: Transfer Students
- Orientation 2016: First-Year Students (Newly Added One Day Session)
- Visiting Artist Exhibit: "Text. Image. Image. Text."
August 26 - October 14
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Communication /
- Communication Scholars
Picture yourself in a program with something extra.
Did you ever see yourself...
- Producing a film?
- In public relations?
- Writing for broadcast media?
- Performing on stage?
- Leading a marketing team?
- Editing and creating video?
- On the air with your own radio show?
Then apply to join Curry College's Communication Scholars prior to your First-Year at Curry. COM Scholars is a select group of talented students who want to:
- Get a jump start on internships in the Communication field
- Enjoy special opportunities for connections with industry leaders
- Work closely with faculty mentors in exciting specialties
Join your professors in a setting that is both academically challenging and unique. Communication Scholars meet as a group in two specially designated linked courses for COM Scholars: Fundamentals of Communication and First Year Seminar. Support each other in charting your unique paths through the many curricular and internship possibilities.
A Memorable Experience...
|"The classes I had with my fellow COM Scholars were by far the most exciting and memorable. I had a support group that I could turn to whenever I needed them and there is not a doubt in my mind that they are friends that I will have for life. This program gave me the opportunity to explore a variety of areas in the communication field and I'm excited to continue to develop my career path with the other COM Scholars." - Gabrielle Dube '14, Production Assistant, MLB Network|
|"I loved being part of Communication Scholars! I love the opportunities we get to meet people in the industry. I also like how I am with other students who are really interested in the same field." - Chloe Ferrarone, '14, Production Coordinator, MLB.com|
|"My time with the COM Scholars program was incredible. I experienced an epiphany as a result of one of our dinners with professionals in the communication field, not to mention that I was able to complete an internship with a company that I learned about through the program." - Elton Silva, '14, Senior Consultant at CVS Health|
The Currier Times and curriertimes.net are Curry College's student-produced news publications. Students blog, cover breaking campus news, write feature stories, and produce photo slideshows, podcasts and videos and gain a wealth of experience in print publishing, including long-form writing, copyediting, photography, photo editing and page design.