“I can't say enough about the Education program. I was so close with all of my professors...I was always emailing and meeting with them. And the small class sizes are great - it was so personal. I loved it!”
Monica Distefano '14
6th Grade Math Teacher
Major: Elementary Education
- Curry Duo Recognized as Massachusetts Nurse of the Year Finalists
- Student’s Advocacy Earns Her a Trip to the White House
- Psychology Faculty, Alumni, Student Present Research at NEPA Conference
- More News >
- Curry Theatre Presents: Green Day's 'American Idiot'
December 7 - December 10
- Free Workshop for Guidance Counselors and Educational Consultants: Helping Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and/or Executive Function Difficulties Navigate the College Search
- More Events >
- You are here:
- Curry College - Home /
- Programs & Courses /
- Undergraduate Programs /
- Majors, Minors, and Concentrations /
- Majors /
- Education /
- CLAC Requirements
The following CLAC (Central Liberal Arts Curriculum) requirements apply to all three education licensure majors: early childhood, elementary and special education. The following guidelines have been set in order to assist students in several ways. Many CLAC courses may be counted towards prerequisite requirements for other majors. Additionally, much of the content covered in the designated courses supports students with subject content and MTEL preparation.
CLAC Requirements (PDF)
Note: Part Two of the CLAC requirements is waived for all double majors at Curry. Licensure Majors double major in Education and Integrated Liberal Studies (ILS). Please see the specific ILS requirements for Licensure Majors.